Yardwaste, Brush, Leaves & Christmas Trees
The City of Chillicothe's Yard Waste Drop-Off Site on Renick Avenue will reopen Wednesday, March 3rd, 2019 at 8:00 a.m.
This site will be open on Wednesday's and Saturday's from 8:00 a.m. until 12:00 p.m.
It is important that only yard waste is dumped at the site. Any other materiel (ie: mattresses, concrete, appliances) should not be dumped at the site. You must also be a resident of Chillicothe to use the site. Commercial Contractors are not permitted to use the site. If you should see a person not using the site in accordance with the rules please call the Chillicothe Police Department. If the site is used improperly the city will be forced to shut it down.The city of Chillicothe offers yard waste pickup to all residents of the city.
- Yard waste must be in brown biodegradable bags
- Sticks and/or branches must be no longer than 4 ft and bundled
Once this is done, please contact us at 740-773-9715 or at email@example.com to let us know that it is ready for pickup.
Mayor Luke Feeney, Safety and Service Director Carman and the Service department are pleased to announce the City of Chillicothe will have a full curbside leaf collection program again this year starting the week of October 14, 2019.
Mayor Feeney asks that residents prepare their leaves in the following manner to allow city crews to remove the leaves efficiently.
- Leaves should be raked to the curbside grassy area between the street and the sidewalk. Leaves should not be piled in the street where they can be washed down storm sewers.
- If there is no grass between the street and sidewalk, pile your leaves on your grass.
- Please do not block the sidewalks.
- Collection will start in your neighborhood at 7:00 a.m. Have leaves at the curb by 7:00 a. m. on the Monday of your pickup week. Collections will take the entire week to complete in each zone.
- It is very important not to park vehicles where you have leaves to be picked up. If a vehicle is parked blocking access to the leaves they will not be removed.
Leaves will be picked up according to the day that your trash pickup occurs. If your trash is picked up:
- Monday trash pickup: Leaves will be removed:
- October 14 – October 18, 2019
- November 18 – November 22, 2019
- Tuesday trash pickup: Leaves will be removed:
- October 21 – October 25, 2019
- November 25 – November 29, 2019
- Wednesday trash pickup: Leaves will be removed:
- October 28 – November 1, 2019
- December 2 – December 6, 2019
- Thursday trash pickup: Leaves will be removed:
- November 4, 2018- November 8, 2019
- December 9 – December 13, 2019
- Friday trash pickup: Leaves will be removed:
- November 11 - November 15, 2019
- December 16 – December 20, 2019
Residents are reminded that leaf piles that are mixed with grass trimmings, branches, brush or other non-leaf content will not be collected through this service. Residents with branches, brush, etc. may take them to the Renick Ave disposal site on Wednesday or Saturday from 8:00 – noon or call the yard waste line for pick up (740-773-9715)
Please be aware that leaf collection creates a fine dust in the air, so plan accordingly.
Please be aware that inclement weather can cause slowdowns, but we will pick up your leaves.
Christmas Trees are picked up through a special collection in January. The trees should be placed curbside and all decorations and stands removed. The dates will be announced in the local media.