Yardwaste, Brush, Leaves & Christmas Trees
Mayor Luke Feeney announced the City of Chillicothe will have curbside leaf collection this year starting the week of October 16, 2023. The Service Department asks that residents prepare their leaves in the following manner.
- Leaves must be raked to the curbside grassy area between the street and the sidewalk. Leaves shall not be piled in the street where they can be washed down storm sewers. If there is no grass between the street and sidewalk, pile leaves on your grass. Please do not block sidewalks.
- Have leaves at the curb by 7:00 a.m. on the Monday of your pick-up week. Collection will take the entire week to complete in each region.
- It is essential to not park vehicles where you have leaves piled. If a vehicle is parked blocking access to the leaves, they will not be removed.
- Leaf piles that are mixed with grass trimmings, branches, brush, or other content will not be collected through this service. Chillicothe residents with non-leaf yard waste may take it to the Renick Avenue disposal site on any Wednesday or Saturday from 8:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m. Be aware that leaf collection creates fine dust in the air and that inclement weather can cause delays.
- Your curbside leaf pickup weeks are determined by your trash pickup day.
Tuesday Trash Pickup:
October 23–October 27, 2023
November 27–December 1, 2023
Wednesday Trash Pickup:
October 30–November 3, 2023
December 4–December 8, 2023
November 6-November 10, 2023
December 11–December 15, 2023
Friday Trash Pickup:
November 13-November 17, 2023
December 18–December 22, 2023
YARDWASTE & BRUSH
The City of Chillicothe's Yard Waste Drop-Off Site on Renick Avenue will be open on Wednesdays and Saturdays from 8:00 a.m. until 12:00 p.m.
It is important that only yard waste is dumped at the site. Any other material (ie: mattresses, concrete, appliances) should not be dumped at the site. You must also be a resident of Chillicothe to use the site. Commercial Contractors are not permitted to use the site. If you should see a person not using the site in accordance with the rules please call the Chillicothe Police Department. If the site is used improperly the city will be forced to shut it down.The city of Chillicothe offers yard waste pickup to all residents of the city.
- Yard waste must be in brown biodegradable bags
- Sticks and/or branches must be no longer than 4 ft. and bundled
Once this is done, please contact us at 740-773-9715 or at firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know that it is ready for pickup.
Safety Service Director, Jeff Carman, announced today the City of Chillicothe will provide Christmas tree pickup service to city residents beginning January 3, 2023, and ending January 31, 2023.
Christmas trees will be picked up on the same day as your regular garbage.
Trees must be live (no artificial trees) and must have all decorations and
stands removed or city crews will not take them. The trees should be
placed in front of your residence and not blocking streets or sidewalks.
Do NOT place trees in the street.
City residents can also drop their trees off at the City Park Annex. This site
is open daily 7:00AM-5:00PM.
The City of Chillicothe will once again be partnering with the Ohio
Department of Natural Resources to re-purpose the trees for fish and