1310.06 SUSPENSION OF REVOCATION OF REGISTRATION.
(a) Registration may be suspended by the City Engineer, Building Official or their designee(s) for any of the following reasons:
(1) Violation of any provision of this chapter or any part of the Building Code;
(2) Misrepresentation of material fact in order to become registered, or in the removal of registration;
(3) Failure to secure permits, inspections and approvals required by the Building Code;
(4) Use of registration to obtain a permit for another;
(5) Failure or refusal to correct a violation of the Building Code within a prescribed period of time or to correct incompetent work as ordered by the City Engineer, Building Official or their designee(s);
(6) For any other reason that is determined to be adverse to the health, safety and welfare of the residents of the City;
(7) Repeated and continued violations of the Building Code of the City; or
(8) Failure to maintain coverage under the Ohio Worker’s Compensation Laws. Failure to comply with the City of Chillicothe Income Tax Laws. Failure to maintain the Compliance Bond and/or the Liability Insurance as herein required.
(Ord. 96-95. Passed 9-25-95.)
(b) Notice of suspension shall be by written notice to the contractor and shall state the grounds upon which the findings are based. The notice shall specify a reasonable period of time within which to remedy the findings. If the contractor fails to remedy the findings, the City Engineer, Building Official or their designee(s) shall proceed with a stop work order and revocation of the Registration subject to the appeal procedure set forth by the Board of Zoning Appeals in Chapter 1119 of the Codified Ordinances.
(Ord. 6-13. Passed 2-11-13.)